LGBT-owned Business Enterprise Certification
The NGLCC Supplier Diversity Initiative (SDI) offers businesses a tool to make connections and open doors with America's top corporations, several federal government agencies and other certiied businesses. The SDI certifies Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and/or Transgender owned Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs) and works to provide opportunities for LGBTBEs to gain exposure within government and corporate procurement processes either as a contractor or a subcontractor.
The LGBTBE certification offers the following opportunities:
- Registration in NGLCC's exclusive database that is searched by corporations and other LGBTBEs for their product and service needs
- AGLCC offers to member LGBTBEs such as: an exclusive sponsorship program for LGBTBE that will provide additional visibility locally and nationally
- Meet face-to-face with potential clients and suppliers at NGLCC SDI matchmaking events
- The NLGCC offers programs that help LGBTBEs leverage certification
The application for cerification costs $400 but it is FREE to AGLCC business members and sponsors (see notes below).
Eligibility for LGBTBE Certification:
- Must be 51% owned, managed, operated and controlled by an LGBT individual(s) who are either US citizens or lawful permanent residents
- Must have its headquarters in the United States
- Must have been a formed legal entity in the United States
- Must exercise independence from any non-LGBT business enterprise
Please note that businesses that are already certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) or the United States Business Leadership Network: Disability at Work (USBLN) are eligible for expedited certification.
- Complete the online application for LGBTBE certification
- Submit the printed and signed online application with the required supporting documents in accordance with the NGLCC SDI Standards and Procedures
- The NGLCC's SDI staff will review your application and contact you for more information and once deemed complete, will contact the trained site visitor in your area
- Host the NGLCC site visitor
- Site visitor submits recommendations to the NGLCC
- The National Certification Committee reviews and makes the final decision on your application
- Once approved, the NGLCC will contact you and send you the certificate
- To avail of the fee waiver for AGLCC members, provide the NGLCC with a screenshot of your business' directory listing in the AGLCC online directory. If your business' directory listing cannot be found, please log-in to the AGLCC website and complete the listing or if your membership has lapsed, please renew your membership.
- If you have any questions about becoming an LGBTBE, please contact Jeff Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you need to obtain a letter from the AGLCC as proof of your LGBT Status, please contact Edgar Gierbolini at email@example.com.