AGLCC Ambassador Program
The Ambassador program is part of the membership program of the Austin Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (AGLCC). It often is referred to as the “action arm” of the Chamber.
The purpose of the Chamber Ambassadors is twofold: to recruit and welcome new members to the Chamber, and to help existing members take full advantage of the Chamber’s resources.
This group of dedicated volunteers works to help businesses grow by introducing them to the wide array of Chamber resources. They also provide an important member-to-member link, understanding and responding to a member’s needs as only another member can. Through this, Ambassadors contribute to the overall economic health and growth of the LGBT-owned and LGBT-friendly business community.
What does being a Chamber Ambassador mean?
Ambassadors dedicate time to interact with other business entrepreneurs, professionals, volunteers and other individuals on behalf of the Chamber. Ambassadors meet with members individually and brainstorm ways that that entity can best use Chamber resources. Ambassadors take new members under their wing, foster communication with Chamber board members, and generally act as the eyes and ears of the Chamber in the community.
Why serve as a Chamber Ambassador?
Serving as an Ambassador allows you to become more involved in the LGBT and LGBT-friendly business community. This results in increased networking opportunity, enhanced visibility for your business, and numerous opportunities to promote your products and services
The Chamber also provides Ambassadors with recognition throughout the year. Each Ambassador is listed on the Ambassador page of the Chamber website, included in each ribbon cutting attended, and recognized at the annual awards banquet.
What are the requirements for being a Chamber Ambassador?
Chamber Ambassadors must:
• Represent a business or organization that is a Chamber member in good standing or be an individual member in good standing.
• Abide by the rules for Chamber Ambassadors.
• Serve a renewable one-year term.
• Attend minimum requirement of Chamber events. Ambassadors also attend other activities as requested by the Board.
• Actively recruit new Chamber members.
• Mentor new members. Mentor responsibilities include meeting individually with a new member to introduce him or her to Chamber services. This includes introducing the new member to other chamber members who may benefit from establishing a relationship with the new member.
• Actively seek new Chamber sponsors.
• Help organize ribbon cuttings.
• Wear Ambassador attire (shirt, nametag) to Chamber and other community events.
• Call on existing members to ensure they are fully aware of Chamber services.
How do I become an AGLCC Ambassador?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an Ambassador application.